I'm Damon Strickland a multidisciplinary designer raised and currently living in the state of Alabama.
Recently I graduated from UX Academy where I learned user experience design. During my time there I spent 40+ hours a week developing a user centered design process . From research, to creating sitemaps, to prototyping and usability testing I have learned how to craft products and experiences based off of user and business needs supported by data and insight.
This rough framework outlines my process for designing digital experiences:
- Plan of attack for the design challenge
- Research and gather data about the users/business/product
- Empathize with the users/business/product through:
- User Personas
- Empathy Map
- User/Business Goals Diagram
4. Conceptualize and Create a solution by creating deliverables like:
- User flow
- Wireframes & Prototype
- Usability test plan
- Usability test using multiple disciplines
Communicating the importance of this user-centered design strategy is present throughout the entire process.
Design opened my eyes and gave me power I didn't know I had 6 months ago. I do not see design as a career path, but instead as a lifestyle. I am beyond eager to dive into the world of design and I'm excited to see what the future holds.
Want to talk? I would love to work for you! Feel free to contact me through any medium you prefer.